Thursday, September 30, 2010

American Idol Season 10 : The 2011 Pre-Approved List of Songs

Are you one of those people that have people telling you that you should audition for American Idol?  If so, AUDITION!

My daughter (Jamie Avancena) is one of the American Idol hopefuls that was looking for the list of the pre-approved songs.  A couple years ago we flew to San Francisco to audition, and it was COLD with a VERY... VERY... LONG LINE!  This year we flew to New Orleans, because we thought that a shorter line might give her a better chance.  Unfortunately, she was told that if she wanted to become an American Idol she could audition again.  Now she's auditioning on My Space.  As I told my daughter, do not give up on a dream.  What do you have to lose by auditioning on My Space?  NOTHING!  Go for it!  Don't give up!   

I thought I would make it easy for the others to list the songs in a blog with hopes that it will help in you finding the song that will make you the next American Idol!

Good Luck in making your dream come true!... or Break a leg?...

The following are the names of the songs in
alphabetical order:

SONG
ARTIST
A Song For You
The  Temptations
A Thousand MilesVanessa Carlton
Achy Breaky HeartBilly Ray Cyrus
Ain’t No SunshineBill Withers
Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I’ve Got)The  Four Tops
All By MyselfEric Carmen
All Out Of LoveAir Supply
And I Am Telling You I’m Not GoingDreamgirls
Baby, I Love Your WayPeter Frampton
Back At OneBrian McKnight
Ballroom BlitzThe  Sweet
Band Of GoldFreda Payne
BorderlineMadonna
Born To Be WildSteppenwolf
California Dreamin’The  Mamas & The Papas
CopacabanaBarry Manilow
Don’t Pull Your LoveHamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
Don’t StopFleetwood Mac
Don’t Talk To StrangersRick Springfield
Dream WeaverGary Wright
Drift AwayDobie Gray
Even The Nights Are BetterAir Supply
Every Rose Has Its ThornPoison
FinallyCeCe Peniston
Free BirdLynyrd Skynyrd
God Bless The U.S.A.Lee Greenwood
(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On YouNSYNC
Hard To HandleThe Black Crowes
Harder To BreatheMaroon 5
Hemorrhage (In My Hands)Fuel
Here I Am (Come And Take Me)Al Green
Hold MeFleetwood Mac
HomeDaughtry
I Believe I Can FlyR. Kelly
I Wanna Dance With SomebodyWhitney Houston
I Will SurviveGloria Gaynor
I Write The SongsBarry Manilow
I’ve Been Loving You Too LongOtis Redding
It s All Coming Back To Me NowCeline Dion
Jessie’s GirlRick Springfield
Joy To The WorldThree Dog Night
Just One LookThe  Hollies
Kiss A GirlKeith Urban
Kryptonite3 Doors Down
Lean On MeBill Withers
Little LiesFleetwood Mac
Loser3 Doors Down
Love Will Find A WayChristina Aguilera
Magic Carpet Ride Steppenwolf
MickeyToni Basil
Midnight Train To GeorgiaGladys Knight & The Pips
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm MmmmCrash Test Dummies
More Than WordsExtreme
Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)Gladys Knight & The Pips
New AttitudePatti LaBelle
Nothin’ But A Good TimePoison
Now And ForeverRichard Marx
Old Fashioned Love SongThree Dog Night
One Last CryBrian McKnight
Physical AttractionMadonna
Rainy Days And MondaysCarpenters
Ride Like The WindChristopher Cross
Safety DanceMen Without Hats
SailingChristopher Cross
SaraStarship
Screaming InfidelitiesDashboard Confessional
She Will Be LovedMaroon 5
Show Me The WayPeter Frampton
Simple ManLynyrd Skynyrd
(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The BayOtis Redding
Something To Believe InPoison
Sunday MorningMaroon 5
Sweet Home AlabamaLynyrd Skynyrd
Sweet ThingRufus & Chaka Khan
Talk Dirty To MePoison
Tearin’ Up My HeartNSYNC
That’s LifeFrank Sinatra
The First Cut Is The DeepestSheryl Crow
The One That You LoveAir Supply
The World’s GreatestR. Kelly
This LoveMaroon 5
We Got The BeatThe Go Go’s
We’re Not Gonna Take ItTwisted Sister
We’ve Only Just BegunCarpenters
What I AmEdie Brickell & The New Bohemians
Where Does My Heart Beat NowCeline Dion
You Are Not AloneMichael Jackson
You Are So BeautifulJoe Cocker
You Give Good LoveWhitney Houston
Your Body’s Callin’R. Kelly


The following are the artists in alphabetical order:

SONG
ARTIST
All Out Of LoveAir Supply
Even The Nights Are BetterAir Supply
The One That You LoveAir Supply
Here I Am (Come And Take Me)Al Green
CopacabanaBarry Manilow
I Write The SongsBarry Manilow
Ain’t No SunshineBill Withers
Lean On MeBill Withers
Achy Breaky HeartBilly Ray Cyrus
Back At OneBrian McKnight
One Last CryBrian McKnight
Rainy Days And MondaysCarpenters
We’ve Only Just BegunCarpenters
FinallyCeCe Peniston
It s All Coming Back To Me NowCeline Dion
Where Does My Heart Beat NowCeline Dion
Love Will Find A WayChristina Aguilera
Ride Like The WindChristopher Cross
SailingChristopher Cross
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm MmmmCrash Test Dummies
Screaming InfidelitiesDashboard Confessional
HomeDaughtry
Drift AwayDobie Gray
And I Am Telling You I’m Not GoingDreamgirls
What I AmEdie Brickell & The New Bohemians
All By MyselfEric Carmen
More Than WordsExtreme
Don’t StopFleetwood Mac
Hold MeFleetwood Mac
Little LiesFleetwood Mac
That’s LifeFrank Sinatra
Band Of GoldFreda Payne
Hemorrhage (In My Hands)Fuel
Dream WeaverGary Wright
Midnight Train To GeorgiaGladys Knight & The Pips
Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)Gladys Knight & The Pips
I Will SurviveGloria Gaynor
Don’t Pull Your LoveHamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
You Are So BeautifulJoe Cocker
Kiss A GirlKeith Urban
God Bless The U.S.A.Lee Greenwood
Free BirdLynyrd Skynyrd
Simple ManLynyrd Skynyrd
Sweet Home AlabamaLynyrd Skynyrd
BorderlineMadonna
Physical AttractionMadonna
Harder To BreatheMaroon 5
She Will Be LovedMaroon 5
Sunday MorningMaroon 5
This LoveMaroon 5
Safety DanceMen Without Hats
You Are Not AloneMichael Jackson
(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On YouNSYNC
Tearin’ Up My HeartNSYNC
I’ve Been Loving You Too LongOtis Redding
(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The BayOtis Redding
New AttitudePatti LaBelle
Baby, I Love Your WayPeter Frampton
Show Me The WayPeter Frampton
Every Rose Has Its ThornPoison
Nothin’ But A Good TimePoison
Something To Believe InPoison
Talk Dirty To MePoison
I Believe I Can FlyR. Kelly
The World’s GreatestR. Kelly
Your Body’s Callin’R. Kelly
Now And ForeverRichard Marx
Don’t Talk To StrangersRick Springfield
Jessie’s GirlRick Springfield
Sweet ThingRufus & Chaka Khan
The First Cut Is The DeepestSheryl Crow
SaraStarship
Magic Carpet RideSteppenwolf
Born To Be WildSteppenwolf
Hard To HandleThe Black Crowes
We Got The BeatThe Go Go’s
Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I’ve Got)The  Four Tops
Just One LookThe  Hollies
California Dreamin’The  Mamas & The Papas
Ballroom BlitzThe  Sweet
A Song For YouThe  Temptations
Joy To The WorldThree Dog Night
Old Fashioned Love SongThree Dog Night
Kryptonite3 Doors Down
Loser3 Doors Down
MickeyToni Basil
We’re Not Gonna Take ItTwisted Sister
A Thousand MilesVanessa Carlton
I Wanna Dance With SomebodyWhitney Houston
You Give Good LoveWhitney Houston


The following are the artist's
last name in alphabetical order:

SONG
ARTIST'S LAST NAME
ARTIST'S FIRST NAME
Love Will Find A WayAguileraChristina 
All Out Of LoveAir Supply
Even The Nights Are BetterAir Supply
The One That You LoveAir Supply
MickeyBasilToni 
A Thousand MilesCarltonVanessa 
All By MyselfCarmenEric 
Rainy Days And MondaysCarpenters
We’ve Only Just BegunCarpenters
You Are So BeautifulCockerJoe 
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm MmmmCrash Test Dummies
Ride Like The WindCrossChristopher 
SailingCrossChristopher 
The First Cut Is The DeepestCrowSheryl 
Achy Breaky HeartCyrusBilly Ray 
Screaming InfidelitiesDashboard Confessional
HomeDaughtry
It s All Coming Back To Me NowDionCeline 
Where Does My Heart Beat NowDionCeline 
And I Am Telling You I’m Not GoingDreamgirls
What I AmEdie Brickell & The New Bohemians
More Than WordsExtreme
Don’t StopFleetwood Mac
Hold MeFleetwood Mac
Little LiesFleetwood Mac
Baby, I Love Your WayFramptonPeter 
Show Me The WayFramptonPeter 
Hemorrhage (In My Hands)Fuel
I Will SurviveGaynorGloria 
Midnight Train To GeorgiaGladys Knight & The Pips
Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)Gladys Knight & The Pips
Drift AwayGrayDobie 
Here I Am (Come And Take Me)GreenAl 
God Bless The U.S.A.GreenwoodLee 
Don’t Pull Your LoveHamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
I Wanna Dance With SomebodyHoustonWhitney 
You Give Good LoveHoustonWhitney 
You Are Not AloneJacksonMichael 
I Believe I Can FlyKellyR. 
The World’s GreatestKellyR. 
Your Body’s Callin’KellyR. 
New AttitudeLaBellePatti 
BorderlineMadonna
Physical AttractionMadonna
CopacabanaManilow Barry 
I Write The SongsManilowBarry 
Harder To BreatheMaroon 5
She Will Be LovedMaroon 5
Sunday MorningMaroon 5
This LoveMaroon 5
Now And ForeverMarxRichard 
Back At OneMcKnightBrian 
One Last CryMcKnightBrian 
Safety DanceMen Without Hats
(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On YouNSYNC
Tearin’ Up My HeartNSYNC
Band Of GoldPayne Freda 
FinallyPenistonCeCe 
Every Rose Has Its ThornPoison
Nothin’ But A Good TimePoison
Something To Believe InPoison
Talk Dirty To MePoison
I’ve Been Loving You Too LongReddingOtis 
(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The BayReddingOtis 
Sweet ThingRufus & Chaka Khan
That’s LifeSinatraFrank 
Free BirdSkynyrdLynyrd 
Simple ManSkynyrdLynyrd 
Sweet Home AlabamaSkynyrdLynyrd 
Don’t Talk To StrangersSpringfieldRick 
Jessie’s GirlSpringfieldRick 
SaraStarship
Magic Carpet RideSteppenwolf
Born To Be WildSteppenwolf
Hard To HandleThe Black Crowes
We Got The BeatThe Go Go’s
Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I’ve Got)The  Four Tops
Just One LookThe  Hollies
California Dreamin’The  Mamas & The Papas
Ballroom BlitzThe  Sweet
A Song For YouThe  Temptations
Joy To The WorldThree Dog Night
Old Fashioned Love SongThree Dog Night
Kryptonite3 Doors Down
Loser3 Doors Down
We’re Not Gonna Take ItTwisted Sister
Kiss A GirlUrbanKeith 
Ain’t No SunshineWithersBill 
Lean On MeWithersBill 
Dream WeaverWrightGary 

No comments:

Post a Comment